When food makes the headlines and when the headlines are about food: from 25 to 27 February 2016, Turin will host the first edition of the International Food Journalism Festival.
Three days completely dedicated to one of the most current topics, through meetings, workshops and a “tasty” calendar of off events, show cooking and guided tastings, addressed to those in the field and open to the public.
National and international experts will enliven the stage, alongside voices of companies, institutions, bloggers and journalists in the sector.
The Festival will be focused on four themes: Food Safety, Biodiversity, Lifestyles and Enogastronomy.
The work sessions will be held in the historic centre of the city in the Cavallerizza building, location of the new Aula Magna of the University of Turin.
Other historic locations will be involved in the off events, some of them being open air in the Mole Antonelliana. On the last day, the boundaries of the Festival will move out of Turin, with a series of press trips – reserved for journalists and bloggers – to discover the enogastronomic and food excellences throughout Piedmont.
- Technical knowledge update of journalists (legal, biological, organoleptic, agronomic, gastronomic, health, food alert systems and culture of taste);
- Innovation in food communication;
- Food safety communication;
- Food safety crisis communication;
- Knowing how to taste food and drink;
- Food investigations;
- Art, cinema, cultural debate on food;
- The publishing industry;
- Food bloggers;
- Food corporate communications;
- Advertising in the food industry;
- Nutrition and food as seen on TV;
- Food and nutrition on social networks;
- Test on food information;
- European legislation and national legislation on nutrition;
- Information to consumers;
- Presenting food with images and videos;
- Food storytelling;
- Technical and scientific training of the food journalist;
- Enogastronomic critics;
- Local and global food policies.
For further information, write to the director of the Festival:
Our editorial office is in Turin
Via Verdi 20 – 10124